Saturday, October 5, 2013

2013 Caring Hearts Card Drive!

Hello Everyone!  First off Happy World Card Making Day!  Hope you have a chance to spend time making cards!  I plan to today, in fact I plan only to make cards! (Ok well be a mom and so on but no other crafty stuff just me and the cards!)  



I am so excited to be here and share that I am part of the 2013 Caring Hearts Card Drive that my friend Vera along with Jennifer are hosting! Holiday time is approaching and we are back for the 4th year for our annual Caring Hearts Card Drive to collect holiday cards for the elderly that lives in nursing homes!  We want to bring holiday cheer to as many homes as possible!

I am collecting cards for all of us Canadians!  International shipping can be expensive and I love being able to share cards with the elderly in nursing homes here in Canada!  I hope all my fellow Canadian crafty friends and more send cards in!  I have a large nursing home lined up who are very excited!  So please blog and share on social media so us Canadians can get involved!

The holidays are about family, about kindness, and joy. During this time many of the elderly who lives in nursing homes would really feel the loneliness or missing their family. Wouldn't it be so awesome if we can bring a smile to their face & brighten their holiday season simply by sharing our love of card making? A simple gesture to let them know that they are not forgotten.

We all love making cards and what’s better than knowing our creations can bring a smile to others? I hope that many of you will help out in the effort to spread joy & cheer.

We have some people that already agree to help us deliver the cards to selected nursing homes.

A few important details:

·                                 This card drive will be going on till November 28, 2013. We need to receive your card by November 28, 2013.
·                                  Please make the cards for Christmas or Holiday Wishes. Anyone can send a card, your children, church group, scout troops, etc.
·                                 All cards need to have a message in it (it can be stamped or hand written).  
·                                 Please sign your name and where you are from. 
·                                 Please don't seal the envelope.
·                                 Please stick to just cards (all size welcome)
·                                 And please don't use any pins (safety reason).
·                                 You can mail the cards to:
                        Vera Yates
                        109 N. Post Oak Lane Ste. 430
                 
       Houston, TX 77024

                        
Piney-fine
                        Attn: Anita Recksiedler
                        Po Box 30
                        Piney, MB
                        R0A 1K0 Canada




·                                 In each package, PLEASE include a piece of paper with your name, address, email address and how many cards you sent.  This helps me in keeping track for prizes! For each card you send, you will get a chance.  So the more cards you send, the better your chances. 
To thank you for your generosity in supporting this drive, I have several PRIZES ready for several winners. There will be many winners and remember… the more cards you send the better your chances. :)


Please check out Vera's blog here to see the prizes!  There are so many!  What a blessing all these fabulous companies are!

So I can't go sharing about this card drive without a holiday card now can I?  I don't know about you but I do not have any new holiday stamps yet (don't worry I am working on fixing that)  So I created this card with non holiday stamps:

I used Wplus9's Embroidered Bouquet along with a Hero Arts set (Blessings something..) The floral set isn't a Christmas set but using Christmas colors makes it work!


That's it for me!  I hope that you are able to take part in the card drive!

 

8 comments:

Nat said...

this is a beautiful card, love the festive design!! :)Happy WCMD to you :)

Robin K. said...

Happy WCMD! Sweet card!

Brenda said...

I love this Card Drive, it's such a good cause. So happy that you were "recruited" to look after Canada Anita! I always enjoy seeing non-traditional Christmas cards and this one is fantastic.

Brandi said...

What an adorable holiday card. I love the polka dot "Merry" sentiment.

I will post a pic of my hair soon. I just don't wear makeup on the weekends! LOL!

Brenda & Ian said...

Thanks for taking this on. I have just read my email from Jennifer in the airport waiting to go on holidays. But I should have time to make some when I return.

I visit the American blogs that collect cards for their military personnel. I am wondering if we have an organization in Canada.

Leigh Penner said...

Lovely card, Anita!

Shannon J said...

Hi Anita,
What a lovely idea! I would love to contribute to the drive. Just want to clarify on the instructions. Are we sending these from "us" to "them" or are we sending the cards so "they" can send them to their friends and families? (I wasn't 100% sure on the instruction re the greeting inside). Just let me know when you can and as soon as I've got it, I will send something along :) My email is ssjones925@gmail.com. Thanks! Shannon

Yun Kelly said...

What a great idea! I'll look into this for in the U.S. I stopped by to say I love your Christmas Wishes Pencil Tag in the latest issue of Paper Crafts mag.

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates