Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Muse Inspiried Card!

Hello Friends!  Here we are at the end of July already!  Only a month and a bit left of summer!  It's really flying by! Sadly we have cool weather here!  Today you need long pants and a hoody how cool it is!  Last week was the same and looks like next week too, hoping for summer to come back!

Today I have a card to play along with the Muse Challenge!  I am new to this challenge, when I saw that my friend Lynn was the Muse I was inspired by her card to play along!



I was inspired by the colors Lynn used (loved that she was inspired by a dress her niece designed!)  I was inspired by how she stamped onto colored cardstock (not something I do often) so I did too!  And instead of using a Polaroid like she did I switched it up and used a speech bubble!

I am also entering this card into this week's Simon Says Stamp Challenge of Anything Goes!

I added a new wreath to my shop, it was a custom order and I liked it so much I added it to my shop!  It's one of my first ones with an initial!  I can add an initial to any wreath for $5!  You can find it here.

Last week we enjoyed a trip to Minneapolis!  We had such a great time!  We drove as it's just over 6 hours away, the kids did pretty good with the drive!  We went to the Minnesota Children's Museum, The Komo Zoo, Spent the day at Valley Fair (and the soak city there) took the Mono Rail from MOA to Minneapolis downtown and did lots of shopping and trying new restaurants!  The kids also really enjoyed swimming at the hotel pool each day too!  What a great trip!  :>

That's it from me!  See you soon!

17 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love how these rich colours look on your card, Anita! So classy. Great take on the inspiration.

Brenda said...

Beautiful bold colour combo Anita!

janelle said...

I stopped by to check out your card, beautiful by the way, and I LOVE your wreaths! I pinned one :)

Kelly Szafron said...

Pretty card! I like the speech bubble.

Ardyth said...

This is gorgeous - big and bold - a wonderful take on this week's Muse! Thanks for playing along!

Barb Ghig said...

I love your take on Lynn's Muse card, Anita! Such pretty flowers and I love that you chose a speech bubble!

Maureen Morton said...

I had to take a quick peek before heading out on our next road trip. So glad that I did! This card packs so much eye punch, Anita! Love the contrast and the design. This wreath is so elegant and unique. Glad you had a great vacation and can't believe you've done so much crafting already! I'll be back in a couple of weeks. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

If Minneapolis isn't that far you should try to plan a trip around ScrapFest at MOA....it is a BLAST!! This will be my third year going...super excited!! Check it out on Archivers web site! I signed up for 7 card classes this year....so much info., and so much fun!! Julie H from MN PS- Lovin your wreaths too!!

Nat said...

your wreaths are dreamy and so is this card!! beautiful :)

Leigh Penner said...

Pretty card, Anita!
I'm wanting some hot weather, too. I told the kids I'd take them to Fun Mountain this summer. We couldn't go the first two weeks of July (when it was hot!) because we had swimming lessons. Now I'm checking the forecast daily, because I want to figure out when we can go. I want it to be at least 28C....

Sarah J Moerman said...

Beautiful card and wreathe, Anita! Love the color combos! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Maureen Merritt said...

Oh WOW, I love this card! Those florals are stunning!

Greta said...

LOVE the wreath with the initial, Anita! Great take on the Muse inspiration card!

Dawn T said...

beautifully done card Anita. And what a great wreath. Your summer break sounded like it was super fun.

landerson213 said...

Beautiful! Love that you used a speech bubble instead of the Polaroid. Cute cute! :)

Lauren
http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

Lynn said...

Gorgeous Anita. So glad you could play along. I love the thought bubble behind the flowers. And your wreath is stunning!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love the bright colors! Such a pretty card! The wreath is beautiful too!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates