Thursday, June 13, 2013

Graphic Banner Dad Card!

Hello Crafty Friends!  Happy Thursday!  Both kids are in school and I am enjoying some time to myself, you know cleaning, laundry and now blogging!  I hope your week has been well!  It's been pretty great here!  Yesterday was my husband's Chad's birthday!  He is enjoying a birthday week with dinner at this parents last Friday, guys night this past Sunday celebrating his birthday, his friend took him golfing and out for wings, and yesterday we went out as a family, and on Friday were off to his grandmother's for a birthday dinner!  Lucky Chad!  And this weekend is Father's DayI

Father's day is just a few days away and I have been busy creating Father's day cards!  Today I am sharing one I made yesterday, actually the last one i made but one of my favorites.  I used this Graphic Greetings Dad stamp set by Taylored Expressions, but I used it differently and made this card:

I stamped the stamp a few times in Hero Arts inks:  Orange Soda,Cup of Joe,  Tide Pool, Butter bar, and Ocean.  Than I cut it apart made banners and adhered it to the card.  After I was done adhering and placing the banners (had to play around with them to figure out the best way to use it) I than used my cutter to cut off all the extra banners on the edge.  The card seemed to be missing something so I added some enamel dots, which really seemed to bring the card together! It's not the typical way to use the stamp but it's an easy way to make a banner card like this by using a "subway" style stamp and cutting up each line! 

I love this stamp and I promise to be back later this week to share more cards with it!  That's it for me!  Off to the grocery store out of a lot of veggies and fruits and over here that's not good!  :>

12 comments:

chera said...

LOVE it!!! And the candy dots!! I have them and been wanting to use them and havent yet!

Lynn said...

Love these fun banners Anita!

Tenia Nelson said...

AWESOME!!! :)

Kelly said...

that is a great card!

Barb said...

I love this idea, Anita! It turned out awesome! I still need to make my hubby's Father's Day card - thanks for the inspiration! :)

Lindsey said...

What a fun card, Anita! The banners are such a great idea.

Kara Lynne said...

Such a clever way to use the stamp! Fun banners and dots!

Nat said...

wonderful for dad, lovin these text strips against the kraft!!! :)

Greta said...

I really like how you used that stamp--maybe better than how it's intended!

Dawn T said...

gorgeous card Anita. Sounds like Chad has had a great birthday week. Great time of the year for a birthday!!!!!!

Maureen Morton said...

What a great and different card, Anita! I love how the kraft really grounds the playful colors and makes it all really work for a masculine card. Those dots are simply perfect! What a special birthday with so many great events!

MaRyKaY said...

cool idea with the banners.. I'll have to copy that.. great

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates