Monday, March 18, 2013

Baby Girl card and Gift!

Hello my Crafty Friends!  It's a snow day over here!  Yes on March 18th it's a snow day!  Hopefully it's the last one for this winter!  Just a few years ago it did snow on May 1st!  Than it melted on May 2nd but still!  Lots of schools closed but of course not my kids (it never is but they have called parents before to come get there kids early) but we just kept Ariel home, it's still snowing and it's quite windy so it's only going to get worse!  Doesn't stop us realtors as Chad has braved the weather to show a house! I am sure he is enjoying that drive!  LOL  I think it's more upsetting to us Winnipeggers as everyone has fond memories of last Spring this same weekend it was warm and a lot pulled out sandals!  I am enjoying my day at home crafting, snuggling with the kiddies and cleaning!  Probably some baking in there too! And reading I am really enjoying reading lately!

Yesterday we went to a shower for Chad's cousin who just had a brand new baby girl!  :>  I thought I would pop in and share the card and gift I made for her! I thought I did have a baby girl card, but I didn't so I quickly whipped up this card:

I used patterned papers from the My Mind's Eye Memorable-Collectable paper.  I die cut in light baby pink the floral lace die by Hero Arts, and the stamps are from Taylored Expressions Onsie and Twoosie!  

I also made my gift!  I whipped up some baby headbands in various sizes!  They really are so fun to make and she loved them!  :> I recently bought online some colored elastic and will soon add some of these new styles to my shop!



Aren't they so cute it makes you want a baby girl to dress up?  Me too sadly that reasoning doesn't work with the hubby lol!
 
That's it from me today! Thank you for stopping by! I am off to enjoy our snow day!  :>


9 comments:

Taheerah said...

Love this fun baby card Anita - such an awesome detail to have the doily go off the edge of the card! Love the baby headbands as well - so cute!!

joy said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love the card AND the headbands. Any baby girl needs one of these for every outfit.

Lynn said...

Stay safe...I think we're all fed up with the warm temperatures and then the snow returning! It's been pouring down rain all day here. Love your sweet little baby card and the fabulous headbands!

Geri said...

Anita, these headbands are going to sell like hot cakes because they are drop dead stinkin' cute!!!

I am forwarding your post to my niece (who has the sweetest wee baby girl that she loves to dress up!). She is going to go crazy over these!

Sweet, sweet card that you just 'whipped up'...looks like you fussed for all day. Love your creativity!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome creations!!!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card and the headbands are so pretty. Wish I had them when I had my girl! Glad you enjoyed the snow day with Ariel and Carter.

Maureen Morton said...

What a dear gift - so full of fun colors! And that card is so simply sweet - just like the new little gift from God. Hugs!

Good Timing said...

Lovely card and gift! They were so lucky to get such beautiful handmade gifts from you! :) LOL about your reasoning not working with Chad!!

Els said...

Your head bands are amazing, Anita!! So sweet!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates