Sunday, October 21, 2012

Good Tidings this Christmas!

Hello my Crafty Friends!  It's finally sunny outside!  Seems like the weather has been overcast and dreary for so long that I am so happy to finally have some sunshine!  Ariel and I went for a walk as soon as the sun started to shine this afternoon!  I hope the sun is here to stay!  Our province is actually called Sunny Manitoba and known for it's sunshine!  A cold winter is so much easier to take if it's sunny!  Same goes for such a cool fall!

Today I have some Christmas cards to share!  One design and 4 cards made!  This past weekend I've been enjoying making Christmas cards!  


I used a new set by Hero Arts for Basic Grey Aspen Frost collection Happy Holidays!  Along with another new set, my favorite sentiment one Miracle of the Holidays!  Pretty straightforward card, but I loved making them!

We had such a great weekend!  Ariel had a 4 day weekend!  On Thursday we enjoyed a home day, Friday we went to the Children's museum with friends, hung out with the cousins and later went to church as they had fireworks!  Saturday we went to Community Day at the movie theater and saw Kung Fu Panda 2 in 3D, it was free and popcorn and such were $2 and proceeds went to charity! Today we went to church and have enjoyed a lazy Sunday afternoon at home!  What great family time!

This past week I am happy to share that I had my first etsy sale!  I sold my first wreath on etsy!  It took less than a month and I may have been beginning to think it would never happen but it did! YAY!  I also finished up a custom order for a friend (she got it made as a gift) in new to me colors!  So happy with how it turned out!

I made my first multi color flower!  I really like this wreath and that yarn!  I am hoping to get going on Christmas wreaths this week.  I have been wrapping wreaths as a passenger in the car lately, I have 4 wreaths all wrapped and waiting for flowers!

Well that's it for me today!  See you soon!

13 comments:

~amy~ said...

Anita, love your set of cards and oh my goodness...I lovelovelove that wreath!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is the wreath itself wrapped in twine? awesome work.

Barb said...

Awesome cards, Anita! Love the design and the fun papers you used! Your wreath is so beautiful - big congrats on your first Etsy sale - woo, hoo - you're on your way! :)

Lynn said...

Woohoo on the wreath sale! Awesome! And...your cards are gorgeous...love the variety of the designs.

PS I have Ariel's tags ready to go...will get them in the mail early this week!

Wida said...

that card is fantastic!!! great job!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love the ornament cards and the wreath is awesome! Great work!

Dawn T said...

lovely cards Anita. You have made a delightful set. And I love your wreath. Hope you get to sell lots more

Brenda said...

Congrats on your first sale Anita and may you have many more! Love that set of cards you made, gorgeous papers and a lovely ornament and sentiment!

jennfontaine said...

That wreath is amazing! The green just pops!

I'm glad you had such great family time! I love days off!

The card are so pretty!! I need to get thinking about my Christmas cards!! Yikes!

Lindsey said...

Great cards! And such a pretty wreath, too. I'm with you -- the sun today was so nice to see!

Katie said...

What a fun sounding weekend you had!
I love your cards!
The secondary pattern on the wreath you made is really cool. Congratulations on your first Etsy sale! Way to go!

Robin K. said...

Great design Anita for your Christmas cards!! I love all the BG aspen frost stuff!! Congrats on your first Etsy sale!!! Love the colors of your latest wreath!! Enjoy the sun:)

~Tammy~ said...

Beautiful set of cards and another gorgeous wreath! Congrats on your first sale!

Virginia L. said...

GREAT card set, Anita!! I love the pattern of that BG paper (I can use some new ones!!). Congrats on your sale of your wreath over Etsy!! I am sure there will be more to come!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates