Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Tooth Fairy

Hello!  If your looking for the Hero Hostess Catalog blog hop please click HERE.

Well I am here with the last Wee Memories challenge!  Major boo!  But I totally understand Jenny's reasons!  It's been a pure pleasure being on this design team!  And so fun!  The girls on the team are beyond great!  Thank you for being so wonderful to Wee Memories and playing along!

This week we have three sponsors, we are going out with a bang!  Our sponsors are There She Goes Stamps, The Twinery, and May Arts Ribbon!!!  We have a sketch challenge:



I got to play with the stamp set Fairy Best.  I was quite excited to play with this set and made a card using the sketch and something else:




\
The set has a fairy in it and a tooth fairy!  So I  made a card with the fairy following the sketch, I'll add it to my pile for little girl birthdays!  And with the tooth fairy I had to make a box for when Ariel loses her first tooth!  I was really happy when I found the little jewelry box in one of my drawers and dressed it up with papers from Lime Twist by My Mind's eye and the tooth fairy!  Colored everything with my pencils and tried something different inspired by my fellow DT how they colored, I didn't blend with mineral spirits (paint thinner) like I usually do.  I added a lot of glitter to the Tooth fairy her dress and outline of her wings are pink, and the inside wings is stickles!  I think Ariel will love this!


Ariel is 6 and she should be losing her first tooth any day now.  I have a lot of friends who all have kids the same age as her (we had a mommies group when they were young!)  And all of them have lost there first tooth.  In fact Ariel is in grade 1 and her and one other child in the class have yet to lose a tooth!  Her cousin and friend who are younger than her have lost theirs!  I'll be honest I am not a big fan of the whole no teeth thing!  :>  I was hoping it wouldn't happen until after we took Christmas photos and since those are done now it can happen right?  Well maybe not apparently Chad didn't lose his until he was 7!  And apparently he had to get A LOT of teeth pulled since the other tooth was growing in underneath!  Yikes!  Ariel was 8 months when she got her first tooth, which apparently is late so maybe she will lose her first tooth late too?  Well here's hoping they grow in super fast since they seem to take a while to fall out!  It's not a sore subject for her we always just talk about how it will happen and it's okay it hasn't.  But I have hidden this box in my sock drawer so it's surprise and so she doesn't get sad she can't use it yet!

Well I hope you will join us and play with our last challenge!  :<  Please check out the Wee Memories blog for more details!  I am off to make more wreaths!

16 comments:

Annette Allen said...

aww this is so adorable...what a fun way to be the tooth fairy...she will always remember this..

Virginia L. said...

SUPER CUTE Card! I love how you match the image with pattern paper! I am sad that the Wee Memories is closing! It's such a great challenge blog, but I am sure you will be busy no matter what you create as you are so talented! Love your style and work, Anita!

Dawn T said...

Adorable card Anita and love the tooth box. What a special gift for Ariel. It is sad that Wee Memories challenges are finishing... but like you, I totally understand Jenny's reasons

Marlena M. said...

Adorable projects! ;)

Barb said...

DARLING CARDS, Anita! Don't worry too much about Ariel and her teeth. My oldest son was very late in everything relating to his teeth. He actually didn't get his 6 year molars until he was almost 10 years old!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

These are such a sweet card, Anita! Keep in touch will you. Hugs.

Brenda said...

totally adorable Anita! I love that sweet little fairie and you paired her with some gorgeous paper! Love the little box! (My daughter just lost her 3rd tooth yesterday!).

Katy said...

These are so sweet! Love that fairy!!

Trinh said...

Adorable card & box, Anita! The little fairy on each is so cute. Elisia didn't get her first tooth till after her 1st birthday so I know she's going to be in Ariel's shoes.

Cindy C. said...

Super cute project Anita!!

Chrystina said...

that tooth fairy box is SO cute, I absolutely love it. I hope it doesn't get smooshed under her pillow...

Tiffany Ervin said...

This little fairy image is so darling! I love it! We are still waiting for Chris' first one to fall out, we're hoping by next year when he's 8?

Robin K. said...

Oh I loooooove the tooth fairy box Anita!!! It will really make your daughter's experience of losing that first tooth really special:) The b-day card is adorable too! I've got those Lime Twist pp's from My Mind's Eye too and just love them! Sorry about the end of the Wee Memories challenges as I could tell you really enjoyed being part of them. Hugs, Robin :)

Lisa Elton said...

These are as sweet as can be!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh now this is just precious!

LeroyLime said...

oh my goodness those fairies are adorable!! I needed this stamp set the other night when my daughter lost her 8th tooth! Sooo cute!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates