Saturday, November 5, 2011

Wee Memories November Blog Hop!

Hello!  Yay it's Saturday!  I am here with our November Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge Blog Hop!  You should have arrived here from Amy's blog!  If not please join us and start at the beginning of the hop at Jenny's blog!  I am so excited for this week's challenge as I came up with it!  Our challenge this week is Handmade Gifts, Tags and Boxes!  And this is our 75th challenge!!! WOW right?

This week our sponsor is Oh My crafts!  Make sure to check them out as I am sure they have whatever your looking for and more!

With the holidays approaching I know I am not the only one who is thinking of gifts.  I love the idea of making my own gifts but actually knowing what to make is not easy!  I recently saw this tutorial on how to make coasters from bath tiles and got very excited!  I knew it would make a great gift for a friend of mine.  Her birthday was coming up and she had a girls night planned.  She recently had a new baby and had gorgeous photos taken!  I totally saved them off facebook and sent them to be developed! (When I gave it to her she didn't mind at all)  The next day I went and picked up my first ever bottle of Mod Podge and felt went to Home Depot and got tiles and got to work!  I used a clear acrlic sealer that I had already from another project.  Did research and both mod podge and the sealer and both are non toxic which as a mother provides a lot of relief!  They turned out great:


I am sorry that the photos aren't better.  I put a lot of coats of mod podge and sealer and worked on it until it was time to leave!  It ended up not being the best time of day to take the photos in the light.  :>  They turned out so amazing and my friend loved them!  And so did all the other girls!  (I am sure you know how I was nervous that it wouldn't go over well!)  So happy with this gift idea!  My plan is to make them as teacher gifts for Christmas for the teachers.  They are so easy and cheap to make!  I think I may make them for family too!  :>

Well that's it for me!  I hope you continue on with our hop your next stop is Brandi!

15 comments:

Lynn said...

Anita, This is an absolutely great gift idea. They look beautiful!

Cathy Fongjoyo said...

Very great idea for gifts!! and those photos are precious. and the handmade gift turns out beautiful. thanks for the link to the tutorial :)

Laurel said...

Fabulous Anita! No wonder your friend loved them!

Angie Blom said...

wow.. stunning.. great gift Idea Anita!!

Brandi said...

What a great gift idea. So cute!!!

Brenda said...

What an awesome gift Anita! Brilliant!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Anita, what a fab idea!

~amy~ said...

Great giftie idea!!!

Dawn T said...

Awesome idea Anita. I'm going to look for some tiles as I love this idea. I have some really big tiles that I might do as well. Great for kettles and the like....

Trinh said...

What a wonderful gift, Anita! Bet your friend was so touched!

Anonymous said...

Anita, these so ROCK!!

Emily Leiphart said...

These make a stunning gift, Anita! You did a wonderful job with those photos!

Jenny said...

they rock sweetie, love love love!

Deirdre said...

Beautiful Anita - stunning gift.

Unknown said...

What a perfect idea for a gift! Lovely! TFS! ;o)

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates