Sunday, August 21, 2011

Carter's Robot Birthday!

Yesterday we celebrated Carter's 3rd Birthday with family and friends!  We had a bbq party at the park and even though not all of our family and friends could come we did have over 50 kids and parents!  I thought it would be fun to do a robot party for Carter as he often walks around the house saying "I am a Robot!" in a robot voice and robot like actions.  I have no idea where in the world he learned this but I find it hilarious!  Plus I have the Robot Trio stamp set by Hero Arts so I was equipped!  I only started to stamp and get crafty for his party on Wednesday.  What can I say? I still had enough time...

Looking online you can see a lot of really creative perfect looking kids parties.  I had visions of Carter's party being just that.  But I am thinking real life isn't like that.  I so should have set up a mock party table in the backyard when Carter was napping or something but alas I didn't realize.  So forgive my not perfect photos.  I will blame the fact that it was windy and there were lots of kids there, oh and that I didn't buy rectangle tablecloths!  But who really cares everyone loved it and thought it was fun.  And the birthday boy Carter really loved it so that's what's really important!

The snacks:


Aren't the snack names cute? So works well with the robot them! 

Thirsty anyone?

Chad's parents own a water company that bottles natural spring water and they give us water!  I made the labels myself.  I decided to not do the whole juice for kids because I actually try not to give my kids juice since it's so bad for there teeth.  Plus I had made all the labels and put them on the bottles before I even thought about juice!  I was a little worried some kids wouldn't be pleased but no one complained, but the kids loved it!

I stamped the robots with wild honey, barn door, and shabby shutters TH distress inks.  I made with words with my typewriter letters set by HA.  The striped paper is from BO Bunny.  I really enjoyed stamping the cupcake toppers, the water bottle labels, and the signs!  I may have laughed to myself too!  I went simple which was easiest as there was a lot to do!  I was so excited for Carter and everyone else to see it!  Here are some pictures of the party itself:


A few of the kids:


Time to Eat:

I love the look on Carter's face here (Chad and I laughed when we saw this) this was taken while he was opening presents.  This year was the first birthday that he got the whole present thing!  He kept grabbing presents and trying to open them!

And there you are!  I am really happy with Carter's birthday party!  And he loved it!  He has so been enjoying playing with his new toys!  Thank you for all his birthday wishes!  :>

13 comments:

Dawn T said...

looks great Anita. Love your idea of giving the snacks those names. I wish I was stamping when mine were little ~ you really did an awesome job. Doesn't Carter looks so grown up now. Quite the Big Boy

Barb said...

Looks like a wonderful party, Anita! Very smart to go the easy route on the decor. . .and it all turned out so cute!

Lynn said...

All the decorating touches are adorable Anita! Carter looks absolutely thrilled!

joy said...

Anita, all your stamping touches for Carter's party are just so sweet! Love that you gave "robot-like" names to everything. And, isn't it nice to do parties in the park and not your house???

Your family is beautiful - Carter looks big to be only three! Thanks for sharing your photos.

Christiana said...

What a fun birthday theme! Love all those stamped details. Your hair looks great, btw! :o) Happy birthday to Carter!

Brenda said...

It really looks like this was a fun party! Carter has such a cute little face! Love your robot theme and how you named the snacks, it made me laugh!

Emily Leiphart said...

LOL, what a GREAT use of those robot stamps, Anita! I love the names for the snacks. How fun! And the photos are so sweet. I love everyone's outfits! I can't wait to have an oudoor birthday party for Damian next summer. ;D

Amy Kolling said...

Carter's birthday looks so fun! Your robot decorations turned out fabulous! I love how creative you were with the snacks!!

Virginia L. said...

Love the Robot themed party!! Beautiful presentation and design, Anita! Congrats on the Hero Arts Tweet!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Such fun photos and cute use of that robot stamp! You always put so much into your kids and you can see how happy that makes them, so special!

Anonymous said...

Looks like such a wonderful party Anita! Love the robot theme and all that you created! :)

~Tammy~ said...

How fun and looks like a wonderful party!

Nicole said...

What a awesome birthday party, you are so creative..
"chips" "fuel cake".... Great job darlin!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates