Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Last Day of Kindergarten, Sweet Threads Card Set and Smores on a Stick!

 Hello!  Well today is the DAY!  It's my daughter's last day of kindergarten!  Can you hear the excitement/unbelief in voice?  Oh boy!  It's a whole bunch of feelings.  Pure joy and excitement that summer is finally here and we will have so much time together.  And dread that in September my baby will be in full time every day school!  I am really trying not to think of that and only focus on how much fun we have ahead of us.  You all remember her first day of kindergarten post and how I cried until seriously 2 in the afternoon!

With the end of school comes teacher gifts!  This year I decided to do card sets.  I like making card sets, I could buy a gift but I really do feel that since I am crafty and have ALL the stuff to make the card sets I REALLY should!  Now the fact that I left these sets to the LAST possible minute did not make my life easier. (In my defense I had to leave it till than because I was studying and being a good student!)  And the fact that I went away on the girls weekend the WHOLE weekend also did not (will share more about this another post...)  And add to that a playdate yesterday (my friend is moving away and it was my goodbye!) and a shift at work last night!  Needless to say I feel that my card sets COULD have been a lot better this year.  But it's too late to cry over so I won't.  I will share one today and the rest other days.  The one I am sharing today is my favorite.  Also the one I spent the most time on, it's for the principal!





 I started by stamping the damask stamp from the Sweet Threads stamp set by Hero Arts in antique linen ink onto the white cardstock.  Than I stamped with versmark the flower image and embossed with the embossing powders.  I did various sentiments.  I also added a scalloped strip.  I entering this set into this weeks CASFriday's challenge of getting edgy!  I stamped the damask stamp in versamark onto the chocolate cardstock to add some interest. 


This is how I packaged it up, I got some of the acetate boxes by PTI:


Last week when I was in the store that starts with W I saw that they now in Canada have giant marshmallows!!!  I may have screamed out in joy!  I hadn't been planning on making Ariel's class treats at the end of the school year but I sure did now!  I invented Smores on a stick!!! Today Ariel's class had a picnic lunch with any parents that wanted to come so I made them for than!  The kids LOVED them!  As did the parents.



 Doesn't it look yummy?  It really is!  It's a giant marshmallow on a stick. I cut up a bunch of graham crackers.  Melt some chocolate (I used chocolate wafers)   I dipped the stick into the melted chocolate and than pushed it into the marshmallow, I was scared it would fall out otherwise.  Than I dipped the marshmallow into the chocolate and than holding it over the plate with graham crackers I sprinkled the graham crackers over the the marshmallow.  I made sure that the top was fully covered and than I placed them upside down onto a wax paper, just like it is on the plate.  It really tastes like smores!  But it's soo much easier to make for a picnic or any fun outside.  Perfect for this upcoming holiday weekend!

I took a photo of Ariel and her teacher on her last day.  What a blessing her teacher has been.  I truly love her and am so happy she was Ariel's teacher!  :>

What a long post!  If you make the smores on a stick let me know!  :>

24 comments:

Michele Gross said...

OMG! I sooo need one of those smore sticks! YUM! Your card set is just delightful-love what you've done. Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Barb said...

Anita, I love this post! First of all, I'll bet the teachers love your card sets. . .so pretty! And those smores on a stick look delicious! What a fun idea! I remember feeling the exact same way when my kids were little. I LOVED Summer when they were home with me all day. Hugs to you! :)

Dawn T said...

what a lovely set of cards ~ lucky teachers... And I really enjoyed the rest of the post... it is scary how fast the children grow...Enjoy spending this summer with Ariel and Carter.

Lynn said...

Your card sets are gorgeous. Love how you stamped on the card base. And your sweet little Ariel! Congrats to her on finishing kindergarten. I love the ideas of smores on a stick...my boys would love that!

Kelly said...

great set. A lot of stamping on those! Love the embossed flowers!! I have seen those giant marshmallows in the store. What a GREAT idea! Thanks for sharing.

joy said...

Anita, your card set is gorgeous - I know the principal is thrilled with them! And, those giant marshmallows look absolutely delicious! Enjoy your summer with the kids at home - "those were the days, my friend."

Lin said...

I LOVE your card set, Anita - really beautiful design!

Virginia L. said...

WOW!!!!!! I love love love all this! (Off to Ottawa to see in-laws! NO internet there!) This is so awesome with your card sets! Those edges are so perfect for this challenge! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Virginia L. said...

I should totally go to Winners to get those giant marshmallow!! YUM!!

Laura Davis said...

LOVE these!!! Great work!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
hugs
Laura

Christiana said...

What a beautiful card set! I love it. I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated. And those marshmellows look so yummy! Pass one over this way, please!

Alberta said...

Lovely card set. Makes a nice gift. Marshmallows look YUMM-O!

donna mikasa said...

Such a gorgeous set of cards, Anita! Love the colors on each of them. And those s'mores on a stick look sooo yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Your card set is amazing - no doubt the teacher loved them! And those smores on a stick look delicious!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Your card sets are gorgeous!! Love the s'mores too!

Sue McRae said...

Fabulous set of cards Anita and your smores look scrumptious!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this card set Anita! So pretty! And those smores look so yummy!

Angi Barrs said...

Adorable card set. :) And you have the best snack ideas. Gotta try these too. :)

Robin K. said...

I soooooo need to make those smores on a stick!! Love your card set and I'm sure the principal did too!

Brenda Dean said...

These cards are beautiful! Love them all!

Emily Leiphart said...

Anita, what a great post! It's full of amazing stuff. Your card set is gorgeous and the principal must love it. Hooray on Ariel finishing kindergarten!! By the time my son starts junior kindergarten in a little more than a year, it'll be an all-day program. I'll be crying for sure!! LOVE the idea of S'mores on a stick. I'll have to try those.

Cheap Logo Design said...

love the designs, “You must love designing for a living.” At that point I usually start to laugh or break into uncontrollable tears.

CanadianScraps43 said...

So love your your card set. They are beautiful. Love the way you changed up the colours and yes, I am sure those yummy treats were enjoyed by all. Hugs.

~Tammy~ said...

Yummy on the smores stick! I love reading all the fun foodie things you create! Love the card set you created!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates