Thursday, April 21, 2011

Man Up a good Wednesday!

Hello!  Yesterday was a fab day for me! Warning this post is a long one but at the end it's worth the read! A very busy day, I'll give you a quick rundown.  Started the day at Stay and Play, got some groceries (side note when I came home saw that I was overcharged $18 make sure to always check your bill!!) fed kiddies lunch put Carter down for a nap, went and got Easter pictures taken at 3:30 (only appointment I could get! And boy do I ever find pictures stressful!) Came home after 4 to a message from my aunt that they are in the area and going to pop in!  Quick visit with aunt and uncle, than I rushed and worked a Cosmetic and Fragrance gala event in the Fragrance counter!  Came home and made 23 Easter Treats for Ariel's class!  Surprise visit from my brother at 11 and I got to bed very late!  No wonder my head hurts today!  I was going to go for a power walk but I think I am just going to take it easy today!  Yesterday was a fab day for me because of 2 things:

A video I made was on the Hero Arts Blog!!!!!!!!!  Have you seen it?  I hope that you liked it, if you haven't go and check it out here!  This is only my second video (both on for the HA blog!) And I loved making it!  As I mentioned in the video I was thinking about one part of this month's challenge theme at Hero Arts and thought about how hard it can be to make masculine cards.  That sometimes it can be daunting and you just don't want to do it!  I wanted to make it easier and more fun so I thought hmmmm I should check out a Home Improvement store!  It's not like I can go into the garage and look my hubby isn't really a handy man!  Plus the garage is dirty!  So I headed the home store and slowly walked around.  By the way make sure you keep your eyes open for what is ahead of you, I almost walked into a large pipe that was in a cart!  And I was asked by a whole lotta associates at the home store if I needed help.  I shouldn't have told them why I was there, they did not get it!  Hmmm I should bring my cards there when I go for more supplies, maybe than they would get it!   Here are the cards I made for the video:



It doesn't get more manly than washers and sandpaper!!!

And late last night while slaving away (just kidding) on the Easter Treats I made for Ariel's class (will post pics later  :>)  I took a break and went down the computer and saw that my friend and fellow Wee Memories DT member Laurel sent an email congratulating me that I was Cup of the Week at PlayDate Cafe for my card set that I made for my friend as a baby gift!  WHAT?  I was beyond shocked!  I don't win that often!  Isn't it nice that I won for a gift that I made for a close friend, making her 19 cards to bless her and I am blessed to?  After seeing that I won I ran upstairs and told my hubby and did the happy dance!!  He looked at me like I was crazy!  I wish I could have instead went to one of you my friends and did the happy dance, you would have understood!  I reminded him that just minutes ago he was screaming over the Red Wings score!

By the way I wanted to share if you remember in my last post (Mother's Day card tall flower) I mentioned that Chad and I were going to watch Glee and than go to bed.  So were lounging on the couch and loving Glee almost at the end and in the quiet of fast forwarding the commercials we hear Ariel's sleepy tiny voice call out "Are you watching a NEW glee?????"  She never wakes up at night!  But she must have heard the music knew it was glee realized that Mommy and Daddy are watching a new Glee without her!  Of course we were going to watch it without her we have to prescreen it to know what is acceptable to watch!  :>

Wow Wednesday was a crazy but awesome day for me!  I am so thankful for everything! And I want to thank one of you for being my friend, for reading my blog for leaving me kind comments!  So I am going to borrow from my dear friend Virginia's idea and draw from THIS POST a winner to receive a card from me plus some goodies!  I will keep it a surprise as I LOVE SURPRISES!   And you can stalk your mail man as you wait!  I will draw for this on Tuesday April 19th 2011!!!

26 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Woo hoo, congrats on your PDC win, will have to go check out your video.

Judy1223 said...

Anita, you did an awesome job on the video at Hero Arts...those male cards pose such a challenge for me! I love the black sandpaper for asphalt...totally clever! Thanks for sharing!

Kelly said...

great video. LOVE the stamped washers. I'll be on the lookout for those for my own manly cards!
Congrats on your Cup of the Week!

CinnamonSally said...

Anita, I loved your Video, great cards for the men!! also big congrats on winning at the PDCC your cards were amazing and worth all the effort they must have taken!!

Anne said...

Congrats on your PDC win- how esciting! I just got done watching your video at Hero Arts- love the use of the sandpaper on your manly cards Anita and the stamping on the washers!

Lynn said...

Great job on winning at the PDC! Newer to your blog...and love what I see!

Emily Leiphart said...

What a great post, Anita! I loved reading all about your busy day and your adventures at a man store. LOL I love how you stamped the envie pattern on the washer. That first card is really cool! Love the colours.

Emily Leiphart said...

P.S. I forgot to say congrats on your PDCC win!! I love the set of cards you made!

Virginia L. said...

Haha! I'm SO proud of you with that FANTASTIC video and the win at the Play Date Cafe!! WAY TO GO, Anita! You are surely going to PLACES!! It's so fun to know more about your Wednesday. Boy, just reading it is enough to make my head spin! You are a SUPAH woman! I was also ...pleasantly surprised that you are "stealing" my idea about the give away :) You can CAS me any time ;)

Christiana said...

Anita, these cards are so fabulous! Wow, they make the perfect masculine cards with those great manly accessories. I am definitely going to try this!

Shobana said...

Congrats on your PDCC win! They were an awesome set of cards and very thoughtful of you too! :) Enjoy!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Really fabulous manly cards, loved seeing the video over at the HA blog and your voice is super sweet!

Cindy C. said...

Congrats on your PDC win! Adorable set of cards! And the manly cards are fabulous!

Alice said...

really cool masculine cards, Anita!! love them both! just in case you missed it. here is a project made with a ribbon flower following your tutorial. =) have a lovely weekend!

Arlene said...

I agree the masculine cards were great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maureen Morton said...

Look out, Disney - Anita is the new movie queen! You are doing such a great job with the videos. And it is fun to really get to see you in action. You have been such a great inspiration and a real joy to get to know in this way. Keep up the great work and have a lovely weekend.

Anna-Karin said...

Loved your video Anita and big congrats on your PDCC win!!

Happy Easter!

Jacqueline said...

I, too enjoyed your video Anita! I think you did a great job as I dare not think of how much courage you needed to do something like that! Your cards carry some great ideas for men too!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

you are so busy Anita!! Your videos are great and so are your manly cards.

pcm said...

congrats on your win and your video! Love the idea of washers and sandpaper!

Unknown said...

It was a great video and enjoyed it alot, but enjoyed your blog story just as much!! Great write, and enjoyed it all.
Have a great Easter!!
Donna

Anette said...

Loved reading this post, Anita, a GOOD crazy day! And I loved your videor, you are a natural at this! Keep it up!

stampingandstitching said...

Anita, wow what a busy day you had! I loved your video and all the brilliant ideas you had for cards for guys! Big congrats on your PDCC win and it's great that you won with your gift for your friend!

Trinh said...

Great video, Anita! And a HUGE congrats on your PDCC win! So wonderful that it was for a gift you made for your friend. Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

walchowDesign said...

Congrats on your on PDCC win! Thanks for the great video too and sharing your wonderful masculine cards with us!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Great job on the video, Anita and congrats again on your PDCC wining. You're really on roll with your masculine cards. Awesome inspirations. :)

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates