Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter and Project 365!

Hello!!!  I am wishing you a late Happy Easter!  I have an Easter card I made for my inlaws last minute to share with you:



The image is from The Greeting Farm it was a freebie on there blog here!  I made this card quite quickly in all honesty!  I may have forgotten that I needed an Easter card for my inlaws!  I colored the image with my derwent and prisma pencils!  I embossed in Chestunt the sentiment from Hero Arts.  Since I did emboss I am going to enter it into this week's Simon Says Challenge!  And added a flower given to me from my hostess sister Linda!  And ruffled some ribbon at the bottom!  I love ruffling ribbon!

I am also entering this into the Off the Wall Craftiness Challenge #51.  I had planned to and than forgot!  Luckily it's not over yet!  I was inspired by the pink and the baskets!


I am also going to do my Project 365 my way this post!  I am going to focus on Easter Weekend as it was very busy and lots to share!  But I did want to share some funny things Ariel said this week.  I was trying to convince Ariel to sing in the children's choir for Mother's Day and she said "I will if it's for Father's Day"  Yes she said that!  Than later I was "teaching" her my own Mommy is the best song trying to get her to sing along when she told me "I am not going to sing that song it's not for Daddy!"  Yoy hurt mommy much?  No I knew she was being silly!  And she is singing in the Childrens choir, I managed to convince her!  (It helped that a few girls from her class are!)

Thursday was Ariel's last day of school before Easter.  I decided to make her whole class treats again since I found a great idea here.  Here they are, they were a big hit:



Thursday was early dismissal so Ariel had a friend over to play for a bit:

 

Good Friday is a holiday here in Canada.  We had such a busy week it was very nice to be able to enjoy a day at home.  We also decorated Easter eggs with the kids, I have a bunch of cute photos notice the eggs and Carter in the next two photos:

I was trying to "help" him put in the eggs in the die but while taking these photos he put 3 eggs in one bowl of die himself!  And he throws them in!  Here are more:




We got a really cute set that had hats and hair and face stickers!  Ariel did that while Carter napped!  It was super fun!  (And I realize it's always this plate in photos, I must really like this plate!)

Here's a cute photo of us horsing around and cuddling on the couch (a good example of how when cuddling Ariel, Carter always has to get in on it!)



On Saturday Chad and I had a wedding to go to.  It was for his cousin, we had a nice time!  It was at a conservatory here are some pictures:




And here are our Easter photos, we left the kids some goodies from the Easter bunny on the coffee table, here they are after they woke up finding it:
After a packed great church service (love that it was packed!) We went to my parents for lunch.  I took some photos outside first:




21 comments:

stampingandstitching said...

Wonderful post and photos, Anita! It looks like you had a very busy but fun time! Your treats and cupcakes are so cute and yummy looking!

stampingandstitching said...

Your card is adorable! Beautiful colouring on the cute image and the flower and ruffled ribbon are so pretty!

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Great photos, Anita. Your kids are darling!

Full week of giveaways on my blog: dustypenny.com.

Alice said...

love your coloring on the image! beautiful card, Anita! and thanks for all the fun photos! it's always so fun to see them. your kids are so adorable in their church outfits. and your girl looks so pretty in her little floral dress! do they sell those in adult sizes?? LOL! =) thanks for sharing and hope you have a wonderful week! =)

Kathy (krolski) said...

Great card and wonderful photos! Looks like you had a very Happy Easter!

Brenda said...

Thanks for sharing all your beautiful photos of some very special moments Anita! You just sound so busy!!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a darling Easter card, Anita - the flower looks great with that ruffly ribbon! And what sweet photos of Ariel and Carter! So glad you had a wonderful holiday!!

Kelly Latevola said...

Hi Anita I'm so glad you had such a wonderful holiday :) I sent you an email last week to let you know that you won on my blog (YAY!!) but I didn't get a response so I thought I would try this :) You can email me at Kelly1801us @ Hotmail.com Congratulations!!

Dawn T said...

Anita... I do love seeing all about you and the family. It makes you seem a "real" friend, getting to know you better. Looks like a fun time had by the children.... it is so special spending time with your extended family like that. Such fun. Hope the rest of the week is a bit more restful for you.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Super sweet Easter photos! Love the faces decorations on the eggs! Your card is the perfect Easter image!

CinnamonSally said...

So good of you to share these lovely family photos Anita, looks like you had fun decorating the eggs. Your kids look so cute dressed up to go out.

Chark said...

what lovely pics and the treats look great!

Amy Kolling said...

What an adorable little image from the Greeting Farm! I love how you did a different version on the scrunched ribbon technique!

Such great photos of your family! Thanks for sharing them...your kids look adorable!

I want one of those rice krispie treats now! Those look so yummy!

Emily Leiphart said...

What a lovely post, Anita! I love your card with the hot pink ribbon treatment and those peep treats look so good (made me laugh, too)!! Your kids are super adorable!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Gorgeous photos Anita! Love the treats you made and your card is so cute! Thanks for your support hun! Means a lot to me :)

ivy said...

i haven't dyed eggs in years!! you're such a good mommy!

~Tammy~ said...

You are such a good Mommy and I know the class loved you! Would you mind sharing the treat recipe? Yummy and oh so cute!!! I love your ribbon treatment and what a cute Image! SO happy you played along with our Easter Challenge at OTWC! Hope to see you back this week!

Jinny Newlin said...

Such precious, precious pictures! LOVE those egg faces!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh! And the card is ever so sweet! Gorgeous coloring!

Jenny said...

Great post sweetie!! Your kids are just the cutest!! Love all the pics!! :) :) :) hugs!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Your card is adorable with its amazing coloring and that wrinkled ribbon. and oh my word do those treats look delicious! Thanks for playing along at OTWC.

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates