Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine Treats!

Hello!  Happy Saturday!  The weekend is here again!  Last night we began our weekend with babysitting our friends 3 kids!  It was insane!  Potty accidents, kids running around, screaming for fun, crayon on the closet door, and a baby who cried a lot and was hard to put to sleep!  Needless to say Chad and I crashed on the couch when we finally got them all in bed!  We were rewarded this morning by the fact that our kids slept in (the others were picked up late last night) 

Today I am here with another Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday challenge!  We have a fantastic challenge this week:  Live, Laugh, Love!  

Our sponsor is the fantastic stamp company which everyone knows, Penny Black!

It's a great theme this week and I have an interesting project to share.  The cake pop's I made for Ariel's class for Valentines!  Her class celebrated yesterday as she doesn't have school on Monday.  I loved the marshmallow snowmen I made at Christmas time and wanted to make something fun like that again so I decided to make cake pops.  Cake pops are all the rage these days but in case you don't know what it is let me tell you!  It's a full cake that has been crumbled in a bowl and icing mixed with it, than formed into balls, a stick is stuck in it and you dip the whole thing in chocolate!  

 A close up of a few above, and all of them wrapped below:

 A close up of them sorta look like lolly pops!

 All of them!
 Here you can see the cake inside:


I wrapped each and cellophane and tied it with some metallic string.  I also made banners for them stamping Happy Valentines Day on the front and a little heart on the back writing Ariel.  She still gave paper Valentines too! I glued it by wrapping it around the base and than curling it a bit with my fingers!  It was crazy!  And it took forever!  I love doing these things for my Ariel and being that mom but next time I won't be doing cake pops!  :>

I hope you join us this week at the Wee Memories Blog and play!  Don't forget to check out my fellow DT members great work too!  You have until Friday February 18th, 11:59 pst to play!  :>

13 comments:

Laurel said...

How sweet are those! and your little girl too!

Jenny said...

Soooo sweet ... love these and your adorable daughter!! xo :) :)

Dawn T said...

what a great Mom.... you will have quite the reputation to keep up now Anita.... but what fun.

Angi Barrs said...

Awwww such a yummy & sweet creation. Your daughter is adorable. :)

Sarah J Moerman said...

Delicious!!! :)

Unknown said...

Boy am I hungry right now, they do look yummy!! I think you should have photo'd the whole process and posted the pictures!!!

Brenda said...

Yummy is all I can say!

Anonymous said...

Wow this is such an awesome idea! They look so yummy! Gorgeous project :)

Unknown said...

I had my 1st taste of cake pops this weekend. I've never even heard of them until now. SO fun, love them and your cute daughter too! Yummy

Nat said...

Hi Anita, Congrats to you on your new hot pink apron you will be a fab apronette and I am very excited for you!! :)
I am amazed at these cake pops, they look so good, I have hever seen them before! You are always creating wonderful yummy goodies, I really have to try making these :) Happy valentines day to you!! xxooxx

Jinny Newlin said...

These are amazing, Anita; and I bet they're scrumptious, to boot! LOVE how you've interpreted this week's challenge!

Alice said...

your cake pops look sooooo yummy, Anita! these are such fun and cool treats for kids. love this fab idea!!

ivy said...

bet all the kids LOVE you!!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates