Saturday, November 13, 2010

Scrappy Saturday Challenge 31!

Hello!  Happy Saturday!  I am quite excited for today as it's the Santa Parade today!  I can't wait to take my kids to see the parade and fireworks afterward!  There isn't any snow on the ground and it's not as cold as it has been some years!  Last year my church's float won the best float, I am so excited to see my churches float!  

Well I am here with another Scrappy Saturday Challenge!  It's already our 31st challenge!  This week our sponsor is Paper Maniac!  Wow I took a little look around there store, some great stuff!  We have a great challenge this week (when do we not?  :>) 



So fun!  I find that I use a lot more patterned paper at Christmastime!  Here is a Christmas card I made:


I embossed the nativity scene with red pigment ink and clear embossing powder.  I wanted a cream background but I was out of cream cardstock so I distressed the white card with antique linen distress ink by Tim Holtz and the foam applicator. Than I distressed the edges with the foam applicator and vintage photo ink, and than stamped the musical background over top in the vintage photo.  I really like this pattern paper but it seemed to bright for the card so I distressed the patterned paper also with a bit of the vintage photo!  Lastly I stamped the Joy in the same red pigment ink!  I love how it turned out!

Last week I shared Ariel's Birthday invites and than my last post was pictures of her from a baby until now!  Today I will share photo's from her party! It went so well!  I was quite nervous as it was my first all kids birthday party, and it was for the girls most of there first all kids birthday party too!  I kept hearing how excited the girls were so I felt the pressure to put on a good party!  Here are some of the photos:

At the start of the party!  Don't they look excited?

As our craft we decorated cookies!  I picked up a princess cookie shape kit at Michael's, it was a crown, a castle and princess shoe!  Each girl had three cookies to decorate!  I put white and light pink royal icing in bags for each, and bought sprinkles and colored sugars!  They loved it!   I let them take it home with them as I knew it would be a huge mess, plus they had to dry!  :>

Next we played pass the poison apple.  I reminded them about about snow white and how she fell asleep when she bit into the poison apple.  We passed the apple around singing a song I made  up on the spot you fell asleep if you were left with the apple when the song finished.  Whoever was the last to be awake had to wake up all the other princesses.  They really liked this game!  After that we played the Princess and the Pea game.  I told them the story about the Princess and the pea than the girls look turns sitting on pillows to see which one had the tennis ball underneath!  After that we played pin the flower on Tinkerbell, a blindfold game!  The games were a lot of fun but boy did they go fast!  We also did princess temporary tattoos!  Did they ever love those!


Do you like the Barbie cake?  I baked the cake in a metal mixing bowl for well over an hour!  So happy it turned out!  The Barbie is a pick that has no legs that Micheal's sells!  The colored sugar really saved the day on my horrible icing job! (I really should take a cake decorating course!)   The sign she is holding says Happy Birthday Ariel!  All the girls loved the cake!

There were a lot of presents!  Ariel had a great time as did all the other girls!  It went so well!  I was so happy!

Here are some photos on Ariel's birthday when we had family over:

I always like to get the four of us at birthdays!  Thank you Carter for that face!  Oh well!
My parents with there only 2 grandkids!  Boy do they ever love them!  Who do you think I look like?


Chad's parents with the kids!

If you've made it to here thank you!  :>  I hope you will join us this week at Wee Memories!  And please make sure you check out the rest of the design team cards!  :>

11 comments:

Laurel said...

Fab card and such fun pics!

Virginia L. said...

LOVE you use of the pattern paper, Anita! It really adds the colors and sets the tone!! And the photos are DARLING!! This brings me back to the time when my DD was Arielle's age! Looks like Princess Arielle had a FAB party/game/story time and your youthful parents couldn't look happier :)

Barb said...

Beautiful card, Anita! And what fun the girls must have had at the party! They all look so adorable, dressed up as princesses! The poison apple game is so clever and your cake looks awesome! Thanks for sharing! :)

Dawn T said...

What a fabulous day Ariel must have had.... what a great Mum too... to do all that wonderful organising. Love the idea of a Poison Apple... much nicer than just "Pass the Parcel" clever you!!!
Love your card too... I adore that Music background...and your own PP is awesome.

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome card and what adorable girls!! Looks like they are having tons of fun!!!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Anita, your card is beautiful! TFS the b'day pics. Looks like it was loads of fun!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE your stamped background, Anita! I'd love to get my hands on that stamp! And your birthday pics are fantastic! Looks like it was a fun time for all! We just celebrated my daughter's 2nd birthday, last weekend. Her birthday was, actually, on the 1st, though. Lots of pics on my blog, too :). Thanks for sharing!

~amy~ said...

such a pretty card and love all your pics!

Anonymous said...

Love the patterned paper on this card Anita - so pretty! And Happy Birthday Ariel! Looks like such a fun party! :)

Ann said...

What a great card, Anita! I love that background paper!

Alice said...

beautiful Nativity card. and wow! that looks like a super fun party! love the barbie cake! thanks for sharing, Anita!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates