Saturday, February 6, 2010

krafty goodness

Hello!  Hope your week has been fab!  In my last post I recieved so many wonderful comments!  I am so thankful for that!  It's always so exciting to read them!  And when I get a new follower I totally do a happy dance!  I have had a good week that went quite quickly. I have been working on Valentine treats for Ariel's classmates.  I will update with that when I am finished!  Tonight I went to a special speaker at my church Dr Robert Brooks!  He was so good!  He talked about raising a resilient child!  He told us questions to ask our children, one was to ask them how they would describe us, and to ask ourselves how we would like to be descibed by them.  He also talked about empathy and how children who are raised to be empathetic will actually be the most successful in life.  I like that, empathy is something that we should all strive for.  I also learnt that children love to be asked for help so I am going to work on that more with my children.  Every child hates chores but a child does love to help.  I signed up for his monthly emails so I am looking forward to that!

Today I have three cards to share.  They are more simple cards as I needed them quickly.  This is one I gave to a cousin of my hubby's for her wedding shower:

I made this at my friend's place that I went to two weeks ago with her stuff.  I love that bird punch from SU!  It's so fun!  My question is should the bird have an eye?  The card felt too simple so I added the buttons on the side and I think it made it just perfect! I really like this! 

Here is a card I made for my nephews birthday:


I can't beleive that I am actually sharing this card with you!  Oh well!  I wanted to use this stamp set by Sassafras that I don't think I have ever used!  I hand cut out the speech bubble! 

And sadly I needed a sympathy card for Ariel's music teacher (yes she has been playing piano since she was 2 and I do realize how that sounds!)
 

The last two pictures aren't the greatest as I took them quickly while running out the door!  The colors on this last one are absolutely horrible!  I used a dark purple, brown, light pink and not a grassy green and not a yellowy green it's hard to describe! I don't know if it's just me but making sympathy cards are not easy!  I am pleased that I did pick up this stamp a while ago it's nice and big and takes up a lot of room! I just diecut  some flowers arranged them and there you go!  In a card like this it's what you write inside that counts.

I also read another book that my friend lent me:


It was pretty good.  I really like Jodi Picoult.  Although I am not a fan of reading books that take place in prison.  Maybe never again!


Well until next time!  Hope everyone has an amazing weekend!

6 comments:

Alice said...

wow!!! I love them all Anita!! fabulous designs and I love them on kraft!! yum!! =) Have a wonderful weekend!!

Sanne said...

Love your kraft cards! So cute

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful! Love the colors and the textures on each card, the first one is really adorable with the bird, ribbon, and leaves all so coordinated!

Jill said...

Love ALL of these cards! Such a pretty and delicate mix of colors and kraft! And dang, girl, you must be a speed reader!!! :)

Kelley Eubanks said...

Great cards! I love the SU die too! I ordered one but didn't get it!?!? I hope it was just backordered instead of overlooked! I can't wait to get it!

Holly Jones said...

Fantastic cards!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates